I have boots. I first began making inquiries about a replacement pair of boots while crossing Venezuela & that was nearly 3months ago! Of course, I had to fight until the end to actually get them on my feet. They were late arriving in Managua after the plane they were on was grounded in San Jose & then upon arrival Customs siezed them (??). It took another 2days but I now have them & very thankful for that! I like northern Nicaruagua. I've met many people who greet me with a smile & I've been kindly treated by the many churches here, as well as the everyday folk I meet on the side of the road. Slowly but surely more & more people are praying for unity. Managua city was a scarey place where at one point I thought I was about to get 'done over' again but I was very thankful to be able to continue on the journey (and get out of there). But enough of the chit chat, I finally have my boots so in celebration I'd like to be a little less serious & post my top ten ways to be united...
SAM'S TOP 10 - Ways to be United
1. Don't be disunified
2. Superglue yourself to another person of faith & ask them to continue the chain
3. Spread a rumour that the 1st 1000 people to be united will receive $500 from Microsoft who are tracking your conversations & thoughts from Bill Gates' very own personal computer
4. Say, "There's no place like Unity" & tap your heals together 3 times
5. Ask Bush, Blair & Howard to unite us under 'Operation Unity Now'
6. Insist on having a McUnity day at your local McDonalds to raise awareness
7. Wait for Shrek IV, it's on his 'to do' list
8. Write to Oprah & insist that this blog be her 'Book of the Week'
9. Nominate representatives from each church on to the next series of 'Survivor' to be held in Tasmania - They'll all fall in love & won't want to leave each other... awww (www.wydtas.org.au)
10. Set your alarm for 4:01 as a reminder to pray for Unity & pray away!!!
Next week, my top ten way's to write a blog entry without writing much sepcifically at all... I'm well & still rolling on! Please keep me in your prayers & particularly unity. God bless, Samo.
"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness & compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit & purpose." Philippians 2:1-2